What you’ll need:
1 can PURO Young Tender Jackfruit
1 can chopped tomatoes
200ml vegetable stock
½ red onion
3 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon Marmite
3 tablespoons tamari
4 springs of thyme
How to make it:
- Drain the jackfruit and tear until it is shredded.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and fry in 1 tablespoon of olive oil on a medium heat until translucent.
- Add the dried oregano and shredded jackfruit and fry for another minute, then add the stock, chopped tomatoes, Marmite and tamari and simmer for 1 hour adding water if needed.
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, then drizzle on olive oil.
- Once the sauce is glossy and thickened, check for seasoning adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Then stir in the pasta and serve with the thyme leaves.
Recipe courtesy: @livingfortheveg